Hose and tube pumps for Water and wastewater industry - Water and Wastewater
Peristaltic pumps are proven performers in water and waste treatment solving problems including: Dosing and metering treatment chemicals and reagents including ferric chloride (“Ferric”), sodium hypochlorite (“Hypo”), chlorine water, lime (Kalic® or Kalkmilch), caustic soda, powder activated carbon and polymers. Sludge transfer. Filter press feeds.
Typically both hose and tube pumps are used as chemical dosing pumps accurately and repeatedly delivering a wide range of chemicals whilst addressing the problems of the liquid:
- Lime is abrasive causing diaphragm pumps to clog due to lime’s viscosity and progressive cavity pumps to suffer from abrasive wear
- Hypo offgases when pumped causing dosing pumps to vapour lock resulting untreated liquid streams
- Polymers are often shear sensitive and progressing cavity pumps reduce the particle size leading to increase chemical usage
- Sludge’s often have a high grit content creating abrasive wear problem for many pumps with rotary pumps suffering from ragging problems on primary sludge.
- Additionally, Verderflex Smart tube pumps can be interfaced with SCADA systems giving easy remote controlled dosing capabilities