Hose pumps for gold mining industry - Mining - Gold Mining
Gold mining is a tough, uncompromising process and the mining industry is equally demanding being driven by the goals of mine profitability, plant efficiency, cost minimisation and yield maximisation.
A False Economy!
- Traditional low purchasing cost solutions such as centrifugal pumps can suffer from severe impeller wear requiring frequent replacement. This brings consequent downtime and high maintenance costs which are often measured in days.
- Attempts to increase maintenance intervals, with such traditional solutions often use expensive wear-resistant alloys, often installing the more costly parts once the pump is in service.
Lower your maintenance cost
For tailings and thickener underflow, due to the high solids content of these slurries other types of pumps fail because the product comes in contact with the rotors, stators, impellers and seals of the pump.
An Albin hose pump, is by definition, rubber-lined, so it does not suffer abrasive wear - the lifetime of it's only service part, the hose, is primarily related to pump speed. In addition to their abrasion resistant slurry pumping performance, hose pumps can be reversed to clear thickener blockages if necessary.
Albin hose pumps are virtually maintenance free with no expensive seals to replace, no check Ives to clog, and no rotors and stators to wear out.
Increase hose life
Due to the specific engineering and 35 years' experience, the characteristics of ALBIN hoses enable them to last approximately 30% longer than other hoses on the market. They also fit the majority of other hose pumps.
Cutting capital and maintenance costs.
With Albin hose pump, auxiliary equipment required for progressive cavity and centrifugal slurry pumps is not needed,
- No in-line check valves
- No seal water flush systems
- No run-dry protection devices
Water is money and the less you use the better!
With conventional rubber lined pump the power intake increase drastically when the slurry density increase. With Albin hose pump save up 80% energy.
- Mining slurries often have sub-micron solid contents in excess of 80% by weight and have slurry specific gravities (SGs) up to 4
- The Albin Pump ALH125, with a 125mm internal diameter hose, allows larger high SG thickeners to be designed, maximising process plant yields.
- The ALH hose pump has no seals to flush
Active Carbon pulp saving.
Highly activated carbon is used in the dissolved gold recovery process, either by introducing it directly into the CIL (carbon-in-leach) tanks or into separate CIP (carbon-in-pulp) tanks after leaching. The activated carbon adsorbs the dissolved gold from the leach slurry thereby concentrating it onto a smaller mass of solids. The carbon is then separated from the slurry by screening and subjected to further treatment to recover the adsorbed gold.
Traditionally centrifugal pump are use on the flotation, but they destroy up to 18% of the carbon.
Test done by GoldField Show that the Albin Hose pump, break down less than 2% of the pulp
Be safe, reduce the environmental impact
Handling of hydrochloric acid or cyanide is dangerous and toxic, mines should not use pumps with sealing element with will be leaking
With the glandless construction of ALH hose pumps: no leakage, no pollution
The ease with which a hose change can be carried out with minimal manual handling and leak-free operation is important when handling such chemicals.