HydroInfra technologies solution for the pollution sector - Air and Climate - Air Pollution Treatment
The word pollution is a general term used to define the effects of multiple toxic substances & elements. When we talk about the “pollution emissions” from a power plant or a ship we are in fact referring to a toxic cocktail of substances that causes harm to our environment, eco-systems and our health.
Pollutants have been researched and documented. Here are some of the known effects.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) the primary cause of global warming.
- Sulphur dioxide (SO2): leading source of SO2 pollution,
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx): NOx pollution causes ground level ozone, or smog,
- Particulate matter: Particulate matter (also referred to as soot or fly ash) can cause chronic bronchitis, aggravated asthma, and premature death, as well as haze obstructing visibility
- Mercury: Coal plants are responsible for more than half of the U.S. human-caused emissions of mercury, a toxic heavy metal that causes brain damage and heart problems.
- Other harmful pollutants emitted annually from a typical, uncontrolled coal plant include lead, cadmium, other toxic heavy metals, and trace amounts of uranium.
Micro soot (unburned carbon) can be found in everyone and everywhere on the planet. In the arctic, micro soot becomes a heat sink for the sun accelerating the melting of the ice.
30% or more of the energy potential of the source fuel is lost through heat escaping out of the stack. Another 10% is lost through incomplete burning of the source fuel.
Using HNG in coal or oil fired power plants, shipping and other industries enables a clean burn of the fossil fuels, captures and neutralizes the toxic cocktail emissions & prevents air pollution.
Fossil fuels + HNG = Climate neutral fuels !