Inspection of throttle equipment for hydraulic inspection - Water and Wastewater
Definition of Task: Metrologic inspection of throttle equipment according to German self-control ordination (EKVO). Verification of approved pipe volume of Q = 10 l/s (readings must not vary by more than 20 % from reference value).
Planning / Conception
- Gathering of information on stormwater tanks and throttle equipment already before tendering
- Visual inspection of throttle equipment
- Inspection concept considering local conditions
- Definition of measurement points considering accessibility and hydraulic conditions
- Planning of work to be undertaken and selection of measuring equipment
- Assessment of throttle equipment under operating conditions regarding condition of throttle equipment, impoundage marks, hydraulic conditions and similar.
- Check-up of relevant dimensions (heights, lengths and cross-sectional areas).
- Installation of measuring equipment for detection of tank filling level and throttle discharge.
- Provoked impoundage of stormwater tank by feeding river water.
- Comparative measurement for recording of discharge curve (characteristic).
- Compilation of inspection documentation.
- Verification of data and plausibility
- Evaluation of discharge curve (characteristic)
- Comparison between characteristic and setpoint value and calculation of deviation
- Report on implementation of inspection: documentation of all applicable throttle equipment data as well as inspection methods and inspection results.
- Catalogue of measures regarding upgrading of throttle equipment considering German ATV-A 111 regulation (an average deviation of > 60 % compared to the setpoint value has been detected).
- Two copies of inspection certificate