- Boiler combustion control, O2 and CO
- DeNOx system, NH3 and NO
- Electrostatic precipitators (ESP), CO monitoring for explosion prevention
- Stack gas emissions, NH3, H2O, NO
- Coal silos, CO monitoring for explosion prevention and detection of smouldering fires (only in coal fired plants)
- Stack gas emission
- Coal silo, explosion prevention
The consequences of an industrial dust explosion or fire are unthinkable - worker injury, loss of life, property damage, business interruption, and irreversible environmental harm. Few companies realize how many diverse and common industrial applications produce combustible particulates, or where in their facilities this catastrophic threat is settling. What is a combustible dust? “A combustible particulate solid that presents a fire or deflagration hazard when suspended in air or other oxidizing medium over a range of concentrations, regardless of particle size or shape” – NFPA 654? High Risk Applications Metalwork (aluminum, magnesium, or titanium and others) – cutting, grinding, or finishing Ceramics – raw product handling and enamel spray Chemicals – material handling, crushing, grinding, roasters, kilns, and coolers Coal mining – material handling, de-dusting, drying, air cleaning Food (flour, sugar, and others) – mixing, grinding, blending, bagging, and packaging Foundry – sand handling, tumbling mills, abrasive cleaning, and shakeout Pharmaceutical – mixing, grinding, blending, bagging, and packaging Rubber – mixing, grinding, talc dusting, de-dusting, and batch-out rolls Woodwork – woodworking machines, sanding, waste conveying?
By DiversiTech based in Montreal, QUEBEC (CANADA).
- Preheater exit, CO monitoring
- Electrostatic precipitators (ESP) after pre-heaters, CO monitoring for explosion prevention
- Coal silo, CO monitoring
- Exit of coal mill, dust filter, CO monitoring
- Stack gas emissions, HCl and HF
- Stack gas emissions
- Coal silo, explosion prevention
- Blast furnace offgas, combustion control, CO, CO2, O2
- Converter (Basic oxygen furnace BOF)
- CO gas recovery
- O2 measurement for explosion prevention
- Electric arc furnace offgas, combustion control, CO, O2, H2O
- Reheating furnaces, O2
- Coking plant
- CO analysis in oven offgas
- O2 analysis for explosion prevention in raw coke gas or after tar precipitator
- NH3 measurement after scrubber
- H2S measurement after scrubber
Macrotek has designed and supplied systems for many different applications in the food sector including sugar, starch, corn, sugar cane and rendering. A common challenge in many of these industries is the collection and treatment of explosive dust. Baghouses were the primary technology for particulate clean up, however, recent major incidents and explosions in these industries, particularly sugar handling, have resulted in a review and change in dust system collection design and strategy. Macrotek is an experienced leader in the development of these new technologies.
By Macrotek Inc. based in Markham, ONTARIO (CANADA).
Where protection from flash fire and explosive dust exposure is required, Arvind PRO1 products can help Saveprecious human lives. The mining environment creates a number of unique hazards including heat stress, greatly affecting operator motor skills and static electricity which could ignite an environment mixed with air and explosive mining dust.
By Arvind Limited based in Dist : Gandhinagar, INDIA.
Harness the energy that’s inside your biomass! For too long, human and naturally produced substances have been disregarded. Straw, hay, tobacco, nutshells, miscanthus, pulse parings, cotton and flax are valuable resources for heat energy generation. The briquette shape makes your waste more cost effective to transport and ready in a saleable format. The calorific value of highly compressed briquettes is much greater than of lose material also optimising the combustibility characteristics. Additionally, explosive dust can be handled more safely. Efficient re-utilization of biomass as a cheap alternative fuel source cannot be ignored, particularly in the production of agricultural foods.
By WEIMA based in Ilsfeld, GERMANY.
Need help finding the right suppliers? Try XPRT Sourcing. Let the XPRTs do the work for you