When ships discharge their bilge water the maximum level of hydrocarbons in the water is regulated by various Environmental Protection Agencies, for example there is a limit of 15ppm enforced by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation) in all international waters. Companies breaching these limits are liable to significant fines. Further regulations have been introduced to control the use of bunker fuels. The Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) of the IMO has approved proposed amendments to the MARPOL Annex VI regulations to reduce harmful emissions from ships.
By Advanced Sensors Ltd. - part of PAC L.P. based in Carrickfergus, UNITED KINGDOM.
Engine manufacturers use Spectro Scientific oil analysis instruments to assist in engine testing during new product development, testing engines during manufacturing run-in, and for qualifying new lubricants. Engines include:
- Gasoline and diesel automobile engines
- Truck and other high speed diesel engines
- Medium speed diesel engines such as those used for locomotives, marine and power generation
- Extremely large low speed diesel engines for marine propulsion and power generation
- Motorcycle engines
- High performance race car engines
By Spectro Scientific based in Chelmsford, MASSACHUSETTS (USA).
Need help finding the right suppliers? Try XPRT Sourcing. Let the XPRTs do the work for you