In most combustion process atmospheric nitrogen reacts with oxygen in high temperature conditions to produce nitrogen oxides (NOx). Total NOx production is the sum of nitrogen monoxide NO and nitrogen dioxide NO2. The emissions of these gases are controlled through setting of emission limit values (ELVs) for power plants.
By Gasmet Technologies Oy based in Helsinki, FINLAND.
- Blast furnace offgas, combustion control, CO, CO2, O2
- Converter (Basic oxygen furnace BOF)
- CO gas recovery
- O2 measurement for explosion prevention
- Electric arc furnace offgas, combustion control, CO, O2, H2O
- Reheating furnaces, O2
- Coking plant
- CO analysis in oven offgas
- O2 analysis for explosion prevention in raw coke gas or after tar precipitator
- NH3 measurement after scrubber
- H2S measurement after scrubber
By NEO Monitors AS based in Skedsmokorset, NORWAY.
Challenge: Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) are traditional parameters analyzed in the laboratory to determine organic matter in water and wastewater. Wastewater facility operators need to have constant data to monitor their discharges and optimize treatment processes (biological treatment, chemical dosing, etc). The requirements of BOD and COD analysis prevent them from being implemented as control parameters, however. The BOD five-day analysis time requirement does not allow an operator to use the data for process optimization and. although COD requires less time than the BOD, its analysis includes the use of hazardous chemicals and has no constant analysis capability.
By GE Analytical Instruments based in Boulder, COLORADO (USA).
Need help finding the right suppliers? Try XPRT Sourcing. Let the XPRTs do the work for you