Magnesium oxide solutions for environmental industry - Environmental
Baymag magnesium oxide has various applications in waste and wastewater treatment. It is an effective base, offering a safe method of pH modification in comparison to other neutralizing agents such as lime or caustic soda. It can be utilized as a magnesium oxide powder or granule, or converted to a magnesium hydroxide slurry for additional uses in waste water treatment.
- Water Treatment: Adsorption and precipitation of silica and heavy metals as an integral part of industrial water treatment systems. Helps prevent scale formation in boilers, heat exchangers, and piping.
- Soil Remediation: An excellent pH modifier and heavy metal scavenger in contaminated soils. Effectively precipitates heavy metals, thus preventing subsequent leaching from treated soils.
- Magnesium Hydroxide:
- Waste Water Neutralization: Offers a safe and effective replacement to caustic soda and lime for the neutralization of acidic waste streams. Offers excellent buffering capacity to a maximum pH of 9 and prevents high pH spikes, which can adversely affect biological treatment systems.
- Solids Settling: Offers an added benefit of increased solids settling and reduction of sludge volumes due to coagulation effect.
- Heavy Metals Removal: Effective removal of heavy metals from industrial waste streams through precipitation as metal hydroxides. Results in reduced sludge volumes and buffered pH values.
- Flue Gas Desulphurization: Wet flue gas scrubbing for sulfur dioxide removal.