Measurement of C1-C5 with carbon dioxide for oil & gas exploration. - Oil, Gas & Refineries
The PetroAlert Model 8900 combines the selectivity of gas chromatography with the sensitivity, broad dynamic range, and hydrocarbon selectivity of a flame ionization detector (FID) providing fast analysis of C1-C5 hydrocarbons and Carbon Dioxide required in Mud Logging for Oil & Gas exploration. The PetroAlert Model 8900 uses a dual column configuration with timed backflush to vent which is used to strip off moisture and C6+ hydrocarbons. A pre-cut column is used in series with the analytical column. At sample injection a fixed sample volume is carried to the pre-cut column. Backflush of the pre-cut column is timed from sample injection so that only C1-C5 hydrocarbons are eluted from the pre-cut column to the analytical column. C6+ hydrocarbons on the pre-cut column are then vented.
Then a third column is used in conjunction with a second 10-port valve for individual analysis of methane. C1-C5 hydrocarbons are separated on the analytical column and elute to the flame ionization detector (FID) for analysis.
- Measurement of C1-C5 and carbon dioxide for oil & gas exploration.
- Analysis of C1-C5 Hydrocarbons and Carbon Dioxide for Gas Referencing
- Automatic baseline adjustment for long-term stability
- Automatic calibration to a known standard
- Analog output ranges are user selectable
- Multipoint sampling options
- RS-232 and optional LAN
- Analysis Time: <300 seconds through Propane, <800 seconds through Pentane
- Detector: TCD
- Column: Packed
- Oven Temperature: 80ºC, Nominal
- Carrier Gas: Nitrogen, 30 cc/min, Nominal
- Lower Detection Limit: <50ppm
- Accuracy: ± 5% (relative) within dynamic range
- Precision: 2% of Measured Value
- Span Drift (24HR): <2% of Full-scale
- Sample Flow Rate: 250 - 500 cc/min, typical
- Output: Analog: (1) 0-20ma or 4-20ma loop power supplied, isolated. Selectable for: gas concentration, unintegrated detector signal. Options for up to 20 additional programmable 0-20ma, 4-20ma or voltage outputs: 0-1V, 0-5V, or 0-10V.
- Digital: RS-232, optional Local Area Network
- Relays: (5) User programmable relays for concentration and diagnostic alarms (1A @ 30Vdc). Options for up to 32 additional relays available.
- Inputs: Optional digital input board for 3 contact closure inputs. Supports start analysis, start calibration, and analyze calibration gas sample.