Measurement of diacetyl in ambient air to monitor workplace exposure limits.
The Series 8900 Diacetyl Analyzer provides direct measurement of Diacetyl in ambient air. This instrument is utilized for environmental monitoring and to monitor workplace exposure limits. The Series 8900 Analyzer for Diacetyl employs a photoionization detector (PID) as the sensing element. A dual column configuration with timed backflush to vent is used to strip off moisture and heavier hydrocarbons. A pre-cut column is used in series with the analytical column. At sample injection a fixed volume of sample is carried to the pre-cut column. Backflush is timed so that only the Diacetyl and other similar components are eluted to the analytical column. Contaminants on the pre-cut column are backflushed to vent. The Diacetyl is separated from potentially interfering components on the analytical column and elute to the detector for analysis.
- Direct measurement of Diacetyl
- Interference free response
- Automatic calibration for unattended operation
- Automatic baseline adjustment for long-term stability
- Analog output ranges are user selectable
- Graphic display of current or historical concentrations
- Multipoint sampling options
- RS-232 and optional LAN