Measurement of methane and non-methane hydrocarbons for environmental air quality.
The Model 8900 Methane/Non-Methane Analyzer employs a flame ionization detector (FID) as the sensing element. This detector is specific to hydrocarbons. Using a single detector configuration eliminates the detector balancing, maintenance, and additional fuel and combustion air of a dual detector analyzer. The Methane in the gas sample is physically separated from all other hydrocarbons using a proprietary GC column. It is then forwarded to the detector for analysis. The carrier gas flow is then reversed and the remaining hydrocarbon components recombine and are analyzed by the detector. Since the Methane and Non-Methane components are analyzed directly, a more accurate reading is obtained than by using a subtractive technique.
- Direct Methane and Non-Methane measurement
- Automatic baseline adjustment for long-term stability
- Automatic FID ignition
- Automatic calibration to a known standard
- Automatic Hydrogen & Combustion Air shutoff for maximum safety
- Electronic support gas regulation
- Analog output ranges are user selectable
- Multipoint sampling options
- RS-232 and optional LAN