Noise monitoring for the petrochemical industry
Many industrial operations take place over lengthy time periods and operations often continue 24 hours a day. By implementing a 24 hour noise monitoring system, with real-time communication and alert notification, a plant can demonstrate to the community and regulatory agencies that they are sensitive to the community and prepared to root-cause and correct any problems that may arise.
Industrial noise generated from plants, mills, refineries, shipping docks, utilities, and more, impact the quality of the surrounding community. By controlling and monitoring this noise a community and industry can establish a working relationship that will benefit all. An effective noise monitoring program will allow an industrial site to understand the noise sources and time periods that are causing concerns and then develop a plan for mitigation.
Larson Davis also offers the option to make sound recording in .wav format of any event that exceeds the designated noise threshold. This allows a plant to listen to the event that is causing the alert and confirm if it is part of their operation or another extraneous noise source. It is common for an operation to agree to meet established noise limits, but to identify and exclude all noise sources not generated by the industrial site.
- Environmental Noise Monitoring
- Plant Noise Monitoring
- Petrochemical Noise Monitoring
- Manufacturing Noise Monitoring
- OSHA Noise Monitoring
Larson Davis systems offer a complete set of metrics including octave filters (1/1 and 1/3), frequency weighting, time weighting, Ln percentiles, community day and night noise calculations (Lden and CNEL), and more. Selecting a system that serves the needs of the project and the budget will include evaluating variables such things as:
- Monitoring Duration
- Power Requirements
- Installation and Mounting
- Portability and Deployment
- Remote Communication
- Web Publishing and Alert Notification
- Sound File Recording
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Open Architecture and Customization
- 24-hr Technical Support
- Permanent Noise Monitoring: A suite of solutions that include outdoor microphone/preamps with remote calibration checks, remote data communication, weather sensors, data analysis software, all-weather enclosures, tilt-down poles, and more.
- Semi-permanent/Portable Noise Monitoring: Noise monitoring kits that can be rapidly deployed and easily such as theNoiseTutor and the SoundExpert LxT NMS. Suitable for duration from 2 weeks on battery power to several years on AC or solar power.
- Attended Noise Monitoring: For on-site assessments and evaluations of individual noise sources over a period of minutes or hours a sound level meter such as the Model 831 orSoundExpert LxT can be used via a tripod or hand held monitoring.