Odor control solutions for wastewater industry - Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment
The EPA estimates that water and wastewater capacity will need to grow by 5 to 8% annually over the next decade. Along with these conservative expansion numbers come the increased concern of public and community complaints due to unsightly odors surrounding these ever growing however necessary facilities.
Aplications within the Wastewater industry are:
- Perimeter - Reduce off-site odor complaints by misting/fogging AirSolution odor neutralizers along fence lines or from extended poles along the perimeter of the affected area.
- Tanks/Lagoon - BioStreme 111F, a foaming odor neutralizer, encapsulates and effectively counteracts odor molecules as they exit the surface, while enhancing the facultative bacterial activity in the tank.
- Lift Stations - Wet wells and collection systems create a unique set of odor control requirements. The fresh sewage and occasional storm sewer overflow is collected and pumped toward the WWTP for treatment. Significant odors and corrosion can occur at lift stations particularly when under sized. Ecolo offers a full rangeof neutralizers, reactants and biological odor suppressants to meet the specific odor control needs of these systems.
- Sludge Handling - Suppress odor generation from sludge storage and processing areas using BioStreme micronutrient formulations. Neutralize airborne odors by misting/fogging AirSolution around tanks, loading areas, dewatering and storage sites.
One of the largest and most common areas for odor concerns is where the wastewater enters the WWTP, this area is commonly referred to as the 'Headworks'. It is comprised of:
- Wastewater entry from the collection system
- Septage receiving area from pump-out trucks
- Bar screens for removing larger particles, plastics, trash and other debris
- Grit system for removing heavy particles such as sand and gravel
- Flow system to primary digesters