Ozone/UV systems for Industrial, municipal, and residential wastewater treatment
In 2004-2005 LIFETECH`s laboratory worked out an advanced oxidation process (AOP) for removal of dioxins and furans (PCDD/F), chlorophenols and other contaminants from the BCD process wastewater. Consequently, our technology was installed and from April 2006 successfully used in the `Spolana-Dioxins` Project at SPOLANA a.s. in Neratovice, Czech Republic, as a part of Special Wastewater Treatment Plant. Our supply consisted of an ozone generator with the output of 5 kg O3/h at 10% w/w ozone concentration, two reaction tanks with mixing systems, a vent ozone destructor, and a control system. The world largest project for removal of PCDD/F was managed by BCD CZ a.s., a subsidiary of Thermal and Chemical Soil Remediation Ltd.
- Reduction of Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD),
- Elimination of inert organic material,
- Improvement of biodegradability,
- Odor elimination,
- Removal of phenols, cyanides, AOX, complex organic molecules, pharmaceutically active compounds as e.g., antibiotics and hormones, endocrine disruptors, surfactants, detergents, micro-pollutants ....
- Decomposition of persistent substances,
- Water recycling or reuse for washing, irrigation or fire fighting systems,
- Sludge treatment.