NW Solutions

Pig and Poultry Drinking Water Chlorine Dioxide Treatment - Agriculture - Poultry

Successful pig and poultry farming demands that measures are taken to control the introduction and spread of infectious agents. Chlorine Dioxide has been used very successfully in farming and slaughterhouses as a processing aid that is added to maintain water of good microbial quality. CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide is used for sanitising hard surfaces and processing equipment to assist in the prevention of the propagation and transmission of disease.

Chlorine Dioxide is also used in cleaning freshly slaughtered poultry or other meat products that are contaminated with pathogenic micro-organisms. These micro-organisms are present both on the surfaces of the animals, as well as in the intestinal tracts immediately after slaughter. To insure product safety, recent federal regulations require microbiological testing rather than visual inspection. These regulations require that carcasses be tested for Salmonella. Salmonella and other infectious agents have the potential to significantly reduce the productivity, profitability and long term financial viability of a poultry operation.

CleanOxide is not a substitute for good management practice. It is, however, a powerful tool that can assist in maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and reducing the spread of disease-causing organisms. Chlorine dioxide is effective against all micro-organisms including bacteria, bacterial spores, fungi, viruses, biofilm, protozoa and algae. Chlorine dioxide is also effective against all known pathogens including viruses, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, Cryptosporidium and Legionella.

  • Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
  • Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
  • Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
  • Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
  • Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
  • Bio-degradable in sunlight.
  • Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
  • Safe for consumption and approved for use in Australia and around the world.