Produced water treatment for oil and gas industry
Recycling, reusing or treating produced water does not always have to be expensive. Most Oil & Gas companies manage more water than they do hydrocarbons. While MIOX is not a 100% solution to all produced water treatment needs, it does do the heavy lifting.
MIOX Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) technology does the following:
- Kills Bacteria (especially H2S causing Bacteria)
- Eliminates existing H2S
- Treats out Ammonia
- Oxidizes Iron (Fe2) and heavy metals
- Minimal user manpower & service required
- Small footprint
- Safest biocide alternative in Oil & Gas industry
- Treats at High Volume High Rate Capacity
- On-Site Chemical Generation
- Eliminates Chemical Middle Men
- Low Manpower Requirement
- Highest Performance vs. Per Barrel Cost
- Outperforms Ozone, UV, Chlorine Dioxide, Electrocoagulation and conventional biocides on cost vs. performance
- Helps Allow Reuse and Recycling of Produced and Flowback Water
- Potential to reuse brine / produced water waste streams as feedstock
During produced and flowback water treatment, oil & gas companies want to avoid dangerous chemicals whenever possible. They also want to remove iron, treat out Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) and ammonia and they want to eliminate bacteria which can later cause Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) issues, corrosion, poor well performance, and other problems. MIOX’s Mixed Oxidant helps with all of these issues.
When dosed correctly, Mixed Oxidant virtually eliminates most if not all bacteria from the water utilizing drinking water safe chemistry.
Table salt (NaCl) is mixed with water to create a brine solution. This brine is then passed through MIOX’s proprietary equipment which applies an electric current, creating a Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS). The resulting Mixed Oxidant solution is dilute enough to impose no Health, Safety or Environmental concerns.