Product Carbon Footprint – CO2 Footprint - Environmental
What Is Carbon Footprint Analysis? A Carbon Footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, organization, event or product.
- Carbon Footprint (CF) – also named Carbon profile – is the overall amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (e.g., methane, nitrous oxide, etc.) associated with a product along its supply chain and sometimes including its use and End-of-life (recovery & disposal).
- Carbon Footprint quantification analysis and reduction are key to preventing climate change by, for example, enhancing energy efficiency, mitigating carbon emissions by means of green energy and then compensating for remaining GHG emissions by investing in carbon offsets, with a final goal of being carbon neutral.
- Our GaBi Software allows you to capture all the GHG emissions of your product in a systematic and transparent way. You can then incorporate primary data specific to your product into your analyses and combine it with secondary data on GHG emissions available from the GaBi database.
GaBi Software is a professional calculator that helps you to calculate your carbon footprint.
- Assess the carbon footprint of your products according to international standards such as ISO 14067, PAS 2050 or GHG Protocol.
- Save costs by reducing energy demand and improve your carbon footprint.
- Map risks with hotspot-analysis – find weak points and prioritize actions.
- Strengthen your competitive position with low carbon or even carbon-neutral products.
- Get sound information regarding the environmental performance of your products to improve your external communication for your supply chain engagement.
- Enhance your company image through stakeholder and supply chain engagement.
- Comply with customer demands and prepare for forthcoming legislation relating to greenhouse gas emissions.