Recycling equipments for shredding & reducing medical waste - Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical
Granutech’s Saturn Shredders efficiently process different materials, reducing them to the required size. Our single or dual rotor shredders can process metals, plastics and textiles while maintaining high performance rates and, if needed, a grinder can be integrated into the system for precise size reduction. Your medical waste will be reduced and ready for autoclave processing quickly and efficiently. We offer custom in-house models that allow you to process your waste at your facility, providing a safe, sanitary and economical solution for your waste destruction requirements.
Our shredders can handle the following materials:
- Syringes & sharps container
- Red bag materials
- Plastic sheets
- Latex gloves
- Boxed medical waste
Our engineers will work with you to design a shredder system for your specific application and facility so that you can be sure that the materials will be processed safely while maintaining the highest performance standards.
Saturn’s shredders for medical water are slow speed, high torque shredders designed to handle the various materials contained in medical waste. Our shredders can be seamlessly integrated with sterilization equipment to provide complete processing within the system.
- Single, dual, or four shaft models
- System integration with grinders for additional size reduction
- System integration with autoclave and sterilization equipment
- Cutter options include size, shape, quantity and material
- Optional Explosion-proof motors available
- Deflagration vents and double airlocks available
- Screens or magnets can be used to separate materials after shredding
- Ancillary equipment, including feeders and discharge conveyors, vibration and screen classifiers and separation equipment, is available and can be integrated into your system design
- Safety features, including Class I, Divisions 1 & 2 environments, oxygen monitoring, fire detection and video monitoring are also available
Granutech’s staff is experienced in working with medical waste size reduction and will design a solution that meets your application. Whether you require a smaller, inhouse unit for on-site processing or you manage a waste facility that processes waste from several facilities, we can design an effective, high-performance shredding system for your application. Our manufacturing standards are the highest in the industry and everyone at Granutech Saturn Systems is committed to manufacturing the highest performing shredders in the industry. As a testament to that, nearly every Saturn shredder sold since 1984 is still in operation today.