Smoke generator device for PPV & impulse ventilation testing - Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
When water-based artificial smoke is introduced into a rapidly moving air stream, the particles that make up the artificial smoke evaporate much more quickly than they do in a static environment. So if you are looking to produce an artificial smoke that better represents the smoke created by a real fire, we would always recommend the ViCount smoke generator, the smoke from which is virtually unaffected by fast moving air streams. Used world wide PPV training centre`s and to test impulse ventilation systems. A Home Office report into PPV (Positive pressure Ventilation) by the Head of the Fire Experimental Unit, Fire Research & Development concluded that the concept behind the technique of PPV was relatively easy to understand and the equipment simple to operate, but stressed the need for extensive training.
- Giving invaluable, highly realistic hands on training
- Fixed installations or portable systems
- Smoke does not evaporate like conventional water based training smoke
- Teach candidates to clear smoke-filled environments quickly & efficiently
- Used to demonstrate the pros and cons of negative & positive pressure ventilation
- 50 years experience in the generation of artificial smoke