Stormwater Treatment solutions for GPRS in customer network sector - Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
Application: Open stormwater overflow tank. No power supply available. No telephone connection or data lines in close proximity. Definition of tasks.
- Network-independent tank level monitoring
- Transmission of readings, status information and error message to existing process conducting system
- Utilisation of customer-supplied Virtual Private Network (VPN) for data transmissionNutzung des kundeneigenen Virtual Private Network (VPN) zur Übertragung der Daten
- The tank level is investigated using an ultrasonic compact echo sounder Type NivuCompact. Its extremely low startup time of only 3 seconds and the resulting extremely low power consumption allow very long lifetimes.
- For detection and transmission of readings an independent battery-powered GPRS data logger Type NivuLog Easy has been used.
- The readings are transmitted from the GPRS data logger via the VPN to the customer‘s D2W server. This server then transmits the current data via OPC interface to the existing process conducting system (WinCC).