Technology for Watershed Nutrient Management: Stormwater BMP - Water and Wastewater - Stormwater
BioHaven floating islands efficiently treat runoff while delivering quality-of-life benefits. They act like a natural wetland, increasing the aesthetic value and wildlife abundance of any stormwater pond and farm pond. Easily installed, they protect the environment from harmful pollutants and sediments carried downstream by urban, industrial and agricultural runoff. In many US states, BioHaven floating islands have been approved as a BMP and can be used to gain nutrient credits.
- Effectively manage nutrients and sediment from urban and agricultural runoff
- Ideal for fluctuating water levels
- Easily retrofit into existing stormwater ponds
- Straightforward sizing protocol
- Quality-of-life restored to a functional waterbody
- Capable of treating non-point source pollution throughout the watershed
- Deployed in retention ponds to trap scum and particulates, which are then mechanically and biologically sequestered
- No need to remove plants – in fact, to do so is counter-productive
- Installation is non-disruptive to the environment
- BioHavens have been proven by premier wetland scientists throughout the world. They can be trusted.