Thermal Remediation Inside & Near Buildings & Infrastructure - Real Estate
In Situ Thermal Remediation (ISTR) Beneath and Around Existing Buildings and Infrastructure; In Situ Thermal Remediation (ISTR) technologies, including In Situ Thermal Desorption (ISTD), the Electro-Thermal Dynamic Stripping Process (ET-DSP™), which is an advanced form of electrical resistance heating, and Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE) have been demonstrated effective in treating source zones with limited access and those adjacent to or beneath buildings and other infrastructure.
TerraTherm has completed thermal remediation projects beneath warehouse buildings, near sewers, under active utility lines, inside buried structures, adjacent to active rail lines, on fuel sites, and in other sensitive and inaccessible spaces. These projects are completed without excavation, with minimal disruption and most often without soil subsidence issues.
- Chlorinated Ethenes (e.g., PCE, TCE, DCE, and VC)
- Chlorinated Ethanes (e.g., PCA, TCA, and DCA)
- Other VOCs (e.g.,BTEX)
- Heavy Fuels Bunker C, Nos. 5 and 6)
- Kerosene, Diesel Fuel
- Lubricating Oils
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Creosote/Coal Tar
- Other SVOCs (e.g., Chiorobenzenes, Chlorinated Pesticides)