Traffic noise monitoring - Health and Safety - Noise and Vibration
Traffic noise impacts millions of people at home and at work. Traffic noise can impact your ability to work, learn rest, play, relax, and sleep. This form of noise can also lead to mental and physical health concerns. The noise is dependent upon such issues as: Traffic volume. Traffic Speed. Vehicle Content. Road Surface. Surrounding Area.
Documenting and measuring these noise levels over defined time periods can be used to develop and evaluate abatement and noise control plans. Larson Davis provides the road commissions, contractors, and consultants the tools necessary to measure the noise and implement improvements as needed.
- Expressway Noise Monitoring
- Highway Traffic Noise Monitoring
- Road Traffic Noise Monitoring
- Urban Noise Monitoring
- Transportation Noise Monitoring
Permanent, Portable, or Attended Monitoring Systems
The Larson Davis permanent, portable, or attended monitoring systems have options that are critical for a successful traffic monitoring project, including:
- Weather data acquisition (including wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, and rain fall)
- GPS positioning to log survey locations
- Exceedance detection that will identify when a defined noise limit is reached.
- Sound recording (.wav) for listening to events and determining the sources that cause the exceedances
- Automatic storage of data to USB flash drive
- Web publishing, emails/SMS alerts, and remote communication
- The most common statistical descriptor for traffic noise which is the Leq time-weighted average
- Complete set of metrics (including octave and third octave filters to 6.3 Hz, frequency weightings, time weightings, Ln percentiles, and community noise calculations: Lden & CNEL, and more)
- Tonality metric for calculating annoyance of tones.