Ultrasonic sensors for water monitoring applications - Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
Senix ToughSonic Ultrasonic Transmitters measure water level using “non-contact” technology that looks down at the water from above. These sensors are used in open air and in stilling tubes that constrain the sound and improve performance. They are easy to use and reliable, and thousands are installed applications around the world for irrigation, stream monitoring, flood and tsunami warnings and sea level monitoring. Our General Purpose Sensors are housed in 316 stainless steel suitable for outdoor environments and can withstand H2S and salt water environments over a wide temperature range.
- Flood Monitoring
- Open Channel Flow
- Sea Level Monitoring
- Streams, Rivers, Ponds
Whether used indoors or out, ToughSonic sensors can take abuse. Solid state electronic components are epoxy potted into stainless steel housings, and there are no mechanical parts to break. IEC compliant electrical interfaces are protected from reversed connections and over-voltages.
These distance measurement sensors connect with all common types of automation and telemetry equipment. Applications range from simple analog connections to sophisticated multi-sensor data networks. Our sensors are cost effective because flexible connectivity is embedded in the sensor’s software – power that you can unlock with the SenixVIEW PC software included with every sensor. Push-button “teach” is also included in many models.
- Type 316 stainless steel housings
- Sealed epoxy potted construction
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducers
- Liquid tight IP68 immersion rating
- IEC compliant electrical interface protection
- Hardened ToughSonic internal electronics
- UV-resistant, potted-in cable
- CE compliant
- Connects to SCADA and other equipment
- Several standard interfaces including analog 4-20 mA current loop, analog voltage and serial data
- Interface distances, output ranges and response features are adjustable to suit the application
- Duplicate installations without re-calibration
- Operates in battery operated systems
- Support software included for sensor installation
Historically, farm water was controlled manually.
More about Ultrasonic sensors for water monitoring applications - Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are used to measure the level of channels, canals and gates to control the distribution of irrigation water. The sensors connect with SCADA systems and are compatible with battery operation, and used worldwide by irrigation districts and water providers. Murray Irrigation, Australia’s largest private environmental and irrigation water delivery company, uses the ToughSonic 14 to manage water distribution to many of their approximately 2,200 landholdings throughout southern New South Wales. Customers on their PIIOP program can order, sell and buy water from their cell phone using telemetry-enabled, automated and/or remote-controlled technology.