Water Storage for the Crude Oil & Petrochemical Industry - Oil, Gas & Refineries - Oil
Superior Tank Co., Inc. manufactures Bolted Steel Tanks and Welded Steel Tanks specifically designed for the oil and other related industries.
Our steel tanks are well suited for a variety of storage applications:
- Petrochemical processing facilities
- Oil refineries
- Oil field storage
- Bioenergy production
- Produced oil/water processing facilities & storage
Superior Tank is one of the few tank manufacturers providing API Spec Q1 bolted steel tanks. Our bolted steel tanks are engineered to the strict requirements of oil storage and the API 12B Standard with capacities from 100 to 10,000 BBL. Our bolted tank coatings are uniquely formulated for oil storage and storage of other petrochemicals. All bolted steel tank accessories and appurtenances are also specifically designed for the oil industry.
Features/benefits of an STCI Bolted Steel Tank:
- Exclusive API Spec Q1 certified bolted steel tank manufacturer
- Fast erection in 1/3 of the time compared to other designs
- Bolt together design eliminates need for hot work and welding during installation
- Only small staging area is required for easy installation within existing infrastructure
- All parts and components are sealed with factory powder coating for excellent corrosion protection
- Interchangeable panels make it easy to expand/relocate tank or replace damaged panels without welding or hot work
- Optional 3M Scotchkote™ 134 powder coating formulated for oil storage
- Heavy duty Buna-N or Viton gasket designed for corrosive petrochemical storage (Excellent compatibility with Ammonium Salts, Animal fats, ASTM Oil categories #1, #2,#3, ASTM reference Fuel A, B, Copper Salts, Detergents, Diesel Oil, Glycerin, Kerosene, Palm Oil, Potassium Salts, Tallow, Zinc Sulfate.)
- External roof rafters also available
In addition to bolted steel tanks, STCI also fabricates and installs welded steel oil storage tanks. Designed for larger capacities, our welded oil steel tanks range up to 143,000 BBL. Our welded oil tanks feature accessories and components specially for oil storage such as vapor tight roofs, floating roofs, spiral stairways, perimeter walkways, flange covers, manholes/nozzles flanges, bleeder vent and insulation.
Our welded oil tanks are crafted at our facility in Bakersfield, California then erected on site by our field installation teams. Our welded tank installation teams specialize in oil tanks and are familiar with Contractor Health Environment Safety Management (CHESM) processes to ensure IFO (Injury Free Operation) during the tank erection.
In addition to installation of new welded oil storage tanks, our field crews are experts at oil tank repairs. We can provide repairs ranging from coating renovation, shell patching, foundation repairs and new/replacement appurtenances. Our field teams are highly trained on safety processes involving oil storage tank repairs such as confined entry and other procedures. Please visit our tank repairs for details on oil storage tank repair services we provide.
As STCI manufactures oil storage tanks, we can also directly supply original manufacturer equipment (OEM) parts and components when new or replacement parts are needed. For a list of all available parts and components please visit our Parts & Accessories page.