Water Treatment Solutions for Arsenic Removal - Water and Wastewater - Drinking Water
Compliance with the USEPA’s new maximum contaminant level (MCL) of 10 parts per billion (ppb) for arsenic affects thousands of small public water systems in the U.S. Among treatment options available, few are simple, proven, affordable, and reliable. AdEdge offers a line of packaged, pre-engineered drinking water treatment systems which are ideal for small public water systems such as schools, mobile home parks, shopping centers, subdivisions, and more.
The AdEdge portfolio of solutions can include any of the following depending upon flow rates, arsenic concentration, system size, and site specific conditions or limitations.
- Adsorption using granular ferric oxide media
- Coagulation/filtration with iron enhancement
- Oxidation filtration
AdEdge’s arsenic adsorption-based systems feature the following benefits:
- High efficiency arsenic (V) and (III) reduction over a wide pH range and water chemistry.
- Certified Bayoxide® E33 media for use in drinking water under NSF Standard 61.
- Simple adsorption process, automated operation; no chemical regeneration or chemicals required.
- Long operating life; 9 to 36 month change-out typical based on use.
- Spent media can be recycled or discarded as non-hazardous solid waste; passes Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP).
- Packaged, pre-engineered and skid mounted systems for easy “plug and play” installation; Ideal for community or non-community non-transient systems wanting ease of use.
- Simple periodic backwashing with no chemicals, regeneration, or discharge of arsenic to the environment.
- Systems are compact with a small footprint allowing the units to be placed in areas with limited space or within small enclosures.