This study is the world’s largest of its kind. It is the standard work of the industry for electricity generation from solid biomass. The 6th updated edition includes:
- Specific data on around 4,200 units in nearly 2,900 biomass power plants and over 320 biomass co-incinerators worldwide. The biomass power plants have an electricity generation capacity of over 47 GWel.
- The description and evaluation of more than 1,000 projects worldwide, including essential data such as on who is responsible for the project as well as project status, planned commissioning date and biomass to be used.
- The forecast of the worldwide market development by 2024 by country, including assessment of new constructions, shutdowns and investment volumes.
- An analysis of the existing plants by country, e.g. in terms of age, used biomass and electricity generation capacity.
- An overview of market factors, fuels, treatment technologies as well as investment and operation costs and revenues (with exemplary calculations).
- An analysis of biomass electricity generation subsidisation (feed-in tariffs, quota systems and auctions) by country (for the world’s most important markets).
- Description and market shares of all important operators and technology providers.
In addition to the study, all customers will get access to the following products for one year:
- ecoprog BtE Monitor: update on international current projects in the segment of electricity generation from biomass. E-mailing takes place every 14 days.
- ecoprog BtE Project Tracker: complete list of all known projects worldwide, including information on status, electrical capacity and expected commissioning. E-mailing takes place every 3 months.
- ecoprog BtE Archive: online access to all monitor news since the first edition in July 2010.