Informed employees can play an important role in tracking down and stopping energy waste. Management's role is to empower its people by giving them information and processes in which they can participate. It is around this philosophy that awarenessIDEAS built its Employee Awareness Energy Conservation Program.
From creating awareness, developing interest, promoting motivation by demonstrating benefits, moving people to action, to giving recognition when deserved, we can be your partner in energy conservation.
For thirty years, our people have been helping clients design energy awareness and process materials that track and reinforce good energy habits. awarenessIDEAS programs have been successfully used in industrial plants, restaurants, office facilities and housing environments. We customize ideas and products to fit your needs. Here are some suggestions that are easily transferrable to your organization.
ENERGY ACTION PLAN
Set a standard for energy usage that everyone can agree upon. One standard awarenessIDEAS recommends is: 'All Processes shall conform to the energy expectations and requirements designed into the system and only in the amount of energy usage necessary to do the job. Just enough is enough energy.' Get that message across using every avenue of communications open to you.
- Create Energy Teams to coordinate activities.
- Dress your Energy Teams in wearables that give them recognition and identity.
- Let us create banners and posters with your Energy Vision or Message.
- Have a suggestion contest that lasts 30 days, one every 6 months. Have appropriate inexpensive Awareness for thoughtful ideas.
- Use our write-on/wipe-off charts designed to monitor your specific areas.
- Encourage area groups to chart energy maintenance or possibility of non-conformances on specific processes. We can make the charts.
- Use our energy information boards to hold posters and plant information inserts.
- Tag all energy non-conformances, giving each one a priority rating.
- Use our leak tag information boards and accompany them with reinforced banners and posters.
- Have a contest that encourages the reporting of steam or air leaks.
- Use appropriate decals and signage by your machinery and energy switches that reinforce, 'Just enough is enough energy'. If possible, indicate how much energy a particular machine uses.
- Encourage all employees to Adopt-A-Door and if appropriate....close it when unnecessarily open.
- Pass out our Energy Tip Booklets to all your employees families. Encourage each family to find ways of reducing energy waste in their homes. Use family success stories in each issue of your organizations newspaper. This is a powerful way to keep your people talking about energy conservation and their participation.
- Use energy posters to spotlight specific kinds of energy waste and its cost.
- Have a contest each month that relates to that months energy poster. A contest keeps the poster message alive. People talk about the problem and therefore pay more attention to solving it.
- Have a contest that encourages each work area to improve its energy conservation efforts. Give recognition for continuous achievement.
- Use inexpensive Awareness for playing an active role in using 'Just enough energy.'
- Give rewards and recognition to department managers and the maintenance teams staying on top of
reducing energy non-conformances.
Get awarenessIDEAS involved. Have a look at our complete line of energy awareness materials, then give us a call. Making us a part of your team will give you valuable resources and ongoing support in your efforts to improve energy awareness at your workplace.