- Desire to better align the CMMS to support their asset management program.
- Need to apply more consistent CMMS business processes to ensure accurate data.
- Retain knowledge of retiring baby boomers by documenting business process and operations/maintenance procedures in the CMMS.
- Implement additional CMMS modules (i.e. parts inventory, mobile)
- Establish performance management metrics and configure the CMMS to report.
- Implement mobile technology to gain efficiency in operations and maintenance.
- Replace obsolete CMMS.
Utilities recognize that the core objective of implementing a CMMS is to support their asset management goals. This paper shares our experiences in helping utilities advance their CMMS to support a performance based asset management program.