All you want to know about sump pumps
The weather nowadays is extremely unpredictable. It may be sunny now, and may rain heavily the next instant. Also, occasionally there are weather conditions like rains, hurricanes and storms, which can occur when it is least expected and among all of these, floods are the most common.
Floods can be very irritating as the water can flow indoors. In such a condition, a sump pump is necessary in order to keep the foundation of the building safe from the water. It can also protect the basement of the house from flooding due to a broken pipe or a damaged water machine. There are different types of sump pumps for different purposes. As such, you should buy a good sump pump set for easy drainage of the collected water.
Different types of sump pumps
There are many different kinds of sump pumps. These are:
- Pedestal sump pump: This is very easy to maintain and doesn’t get damaged very easily because their main parts are located on the top of the unit. However, the noise levels can be very irritating.
- Backup sump pump: This kind of sump pump can work on both the direct power line and a backup power supply. This type of sump pump can provide uninterrupted service, even during power cuts.
- Movable floor sucker sump pump: This type of sump pump looks and acts like a vacuum cleaner. It has to be moved about and it can suck all the water accumulated and even some dust particles.
- Submersible sump pumps: This type of sump pump has the simplest design and working of the whole lot. It sucks the collected water from the bottom and flushes it out in the nearby drain.
- Water powered sump pump: This type of sump pump works essentially with the same principle of a straw used to drink a beverage. It sucks the water from the top portion of the accumulated water.
Top sump pumps in the market
This is a list of the 3 Top-Rated Sump Pumps available in the modern market.
- Superior Pump Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump: This pump is very powerful. It can be submerged completely in the water and is perfect for pumping out water from the flooded basements of buildings, or from swimming pools. It has a ¼ horsepower pump which can drain out 30 gallons of water in only about 1 minute. It is very durable and has a solid design.
- Wayne 58321-WYN3 Submersible sump pump: It has a capable design which resembles a switch. It has a very good pump which has a great sucking power, so it ensures that the water’s passage is always clear and unblocked. It is also very durable because of a stainless steel outer covering and waterproof wiring insulation.
- Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate Submersible sump pump: This is a really good and reliable pump which has a good body design allowing anyone to easily repair the parts or remove any debris from the pump.
However, it has some issues, like the flow holes get clogged frequently. However, these problems are very easy to solve.
Buying a sump pump is absolutely necessary for the proper drainage of extra water accumulated during floods. However, there are many different types of sump pumps available in the market. So to avoid confusion, you must look at all your needs and requirements. Also, you can check the numerous amounts of reviews given online.