Application of HDPE Geomembrane in Mining Tailing Dam Project
In recent years, due to the continuous leakage of heavy metals in mines, the diffusion of toxic gases in mine waste has accelerated the degree of pollution. In the mining industry, heap leaching is used to extract metal elements from ores. During the extraction process, corrosive solutions such as chloride or sulfuric acid are added. If an effective anti-seepage system is not used in the heap leach tank, it will have a huge impact on the ecological environment around the heap leach tank.
Thus, people are paying more and more attention to environmental protection issues, and the country’s requirements for environmental protection are getting higher and higher. The first problem faced by mining companies is preventing seepage and leakage after mining.
At present, the more common method adopted by mining companies is to cover and seal with impermeable HDPE geomembrane. Generally, a textured HDPE geomembrane is used. A textured HDPE geomembrane has strong anti-slip properties on the hillside and can prevent impact in severe weather conditions such as strong wind and heavy rain. More and more mining companies contracting gold mines or tailings projects use HDPE geomembranes as anti-seepage materials.
1. HDPE geomembrane can allow mining companies to get great benefits in many harsh climates and complex harsh environments
2. HDPE geomembrane also reduces the damage to the surrounding environment. Such mining needs to work in complex environments, so high-quality HDPE geomembrane must be used.
3. HDPE geomembrane has excellent chemical resistance and durability and can resist most chemical compounds, thus ensuring high-quality anti-seepage engineering in the mining industry.
4. Due to the excellent puncture resistance of the HDPE geomembrane material itself, it can resist the damage of fine ores in the heap leach tank.
5. HDPE geomembrane is not only used in road construction but also used in anti-seepage engineering. It is more and more used in agriculture and animal husbandry. use rate.
In the material composition of HDPE geomembrane, the resin raw material of the geomembrane accounts for more than 97%, which means that the quality of the resin raw material can almost determine the quality of the geomembrane.
The earth shield geomembrane adopts the special resin for geomembrane produced by the world’s largest petrochemical enterprises. And use 100% new resin, no recycled resin to ensure the high quality of geomembrane.
Many other geomembranes use general-purpose resins due to improper cost control and other issues. Also, many geomembrane manufacturers and geomembrane manufacturers use a large number of recycled plastics, and after crushing, they are mixed into raw materials for production, and even all recycled materials are used to produce HDPE geomembrane, which has reduced the quality of geomembrane.
If you don’t know whether the finished geomembrane is a new geomembrane or a recycled geomembrane, then your project and ecological environment may suffer huge losses.
The use of geomembrane for seepage interception of mining tailing dams is very strict, especially in construction, what problems should be paid attention to in HDPE geomembrane seepage interception:
1) HDPE geomembrane is suitable for homogeneous dams and inclined wall dams.
2) The thickness of the HDPE geomembrane should be selected according to the water pressure. If the water head is under 30m, non-reinforced polymer geomembrane can be used, and the total thickness of the film is 0.3-0.6mm; if the water head is above 30m, the composite geomembrane should be used, and the film thickness is not less than 0.5mm.
3) The laying range of the HDPE geomembrane should exceed the leakage range by 2-5m on each side.
4) The connection of HDPE geomembrane is generally welded, and the heat sealing width is not less than 0.1m; when adhesive bonding is used, the bonding width is not less than 0.15m; adhesive can be used for bonding or double-sided tape for bonding, requiring uniform bonding, firm and reliable.
5) Before laying the HDPE geomembrane, the slope surface should be treated. First, remove the slope protection within the laying range, and then excavate 30-50cm of the surface soil of the dam slope. An anti-skid ditch is dug every 5-10m along the dam slope, the depth of the ditch is 1.0m, and the width of the ditch bottom is 0.5m.
6) For laying HDPE geomembrane, the rolled HDPE geomembrane is laid along the dam slope from bottom to top, and the periphery is buried in the form of a V-shaped groove; Pressure damage; construction workers are not allowed to wear spiked shoes into the site.
7) The backfilling protective layer should be carried out with the laying of HDPE geomembrane; the protective layer can be sandy loam or sand, with a thickness of not less than 0.5m; the anti-skid groove is backfilled first, then the slope surface is filled, and the backfill is compacted; the protective layer is designed according to the design Restore the original slope.
First, let’s take a look at the introduction to “Mongolia Mining” on Wikipedia.
Mining is important to the national economy of Mongolia. Mongolia is one of the 29 resource-rich developing countries identified by the International Monetary Fund and the exploration of copper and coal deposits is generating large more revenue. Coal, copper, and gold are the principal reserves mined in Mongolia. Several gold mines are located about 110 kilometers (68 mi) north of Ulaanbaatar, such as Boroo Gold Mine and Gatsuurt Gold Mine. Khotgor Coal Mine is an open-pit coal mining site about 120 kilometers (75 mi) west of Ulaangom. Ömnögovi Province in the south of Mongolia is home to large-scale mining projects such as the Tavan Tolgoi coal mine and the Oyu Tolgoi copper mine. Oyu Tolgoi mine is reported to have the potential to boost the national economy by a third but is subject to a dispute over how the profits should be shared. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has estimated that 71 percent of the income from the mine would go to Mongolia.
The gold mines of importance are the Zaamar gold mine, the Boroo hard rock gold mine (discovered and extracted in 1979 by open cast mining), the Gatsuurt Gold Mine, and tracer gold extraction by the process of dredging the Tuul River. Besides Copper, Oyu Tolgoi also has large reserves of gold, and the deposit is assessed to contain 14 million ounces of gold beside the 19 million tons of copper. This huge ore deposit is stated to be the second-largest discovered and valued at US$46 billion at 2003 prices.
As can be seen from the introduction from Wikipedia, Mongolia has very rich gold deposits. Our company’s client is a mining company from Mongolia. They have the mineral resources exploration and development license issued by the Mongolian Mineral Administration Government, as well as the mining right certificate, land license, and environmental license because the client can survey, and develop Project supervision and management.
Clients reached out to us from Google in 2021 asking us to come up with our solution for their tailings project handling.
Our company’s salesmen get in touch with Mongolian mining customers as soon as possible. Provide customers with the case of our mining project in South Africa, the HDPE geomembrane, and other geotechnical material products that have been used in mining projects, we can provide one-stop geotechnical material solutions. Mongolian mining customers express their approval of our products. We immediately send free samples of HDPE geomembranes and other geotechnical products to Mongolian mining customers. After receiving the HDPE geomembrane products, the Mongolian mining customers tested them as soon as possible, and all the samples were qualified! Mongolian mining customers signed a long-term cooperation contract with our salesman for the first time.
After delivery, our company’s professional HDPE geomembrane welding engineer gave the customer online guidance for the first time, and we provided the customer with the HDPE geomembrane installation and welding manual, and video. The customer expressed satisfaction and signed a contract for HDPE geomembrane and other geotechnical products for the next tailings project.
HDPE geomembrane is used in mining tailings dam anti-seepage projects. As the leading geomembrane manufacturer, supplier and wholesaler, Our company’s various HDPE geomembranes have a width of 8 meters, and all use international brand high-quality 100% virgin raw materials. Our quality satisfies the ASTM GRI-GM13 standard. Besides, we have obtained CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 certificates. Our customer projects include aquaculture (fish ponds, shrimp ponds), water conservancy (canals, dam), environmental protection (landfill sites, sewage treatment), mining (heap leaching ponds, tailings), agriculture (water reservoirs), and many other projects, customer satisfaction is 100%.
Earth Shield Environmental Co., Ltd.
WhatsApp : +86 189 6341 6260