- At high influent N levels , there is a need in Pre- and Post (Endogenous)-denitrification stages, requiring addition of an external electron donor.
- Systems based on the MBBR (Moving Bed Bio-film Reactor) process have high potential for treating domestic and industrial wastewater.
- Among process advantages: Elimination of sludge recirculation, Efficient ammonia and organic matter removal & Easy M&O.
- Disadvantage – poor sludge sedimentation properties and poor effluent clarification.
- The pilot was necessary before a full-scale 3,200 m3/day Denitrifiltration plant construction in Israel.
- Specify optimal conditions for endogenous denitrification using AGAR® technology, while maintaining low effluent levels of SS and N.
- Defining the microbial population prevailing in the system.