PROJECT SUMMARY Years of flash flooding and fluctuating water levels in the West City Ditch made for a dangerous scenario. The City of Kissimmee secured NRCS EWPP grant money to stabilize the ditch before catastrophic infrastructure damage occurred, but the budget was too small for full protection with conventional hard armoring. Propex worked with engineers to model slope stability in rapid drawdown conditions to provide the City with a less-expensive, aesthetic alternative in the AR-MORMAX system. The solution significantly reduced costly concrete block matting and unsightly riprap.
- Application Municipal Channel Slope Stabilization
- Product ArmorMax® ARVS
- Location City of Kissimmee, FL
- Owner City of Kissimmee (funding from NRCS)
- Engineer T.Y. Lin (Orlando, FL)/GeoSyntec (Atlanta, GA)
- Contractor Underwater Engineering Services, Inc. (UESI) Ft. Pierce, FL
- Distributor CONTECH Engineered Solutions