- The recovery process was a unique and complex automotive shredder residue recovery plant.
- There was a wide range of expertise within the trainee group. Some trainees had worked within the industry for over 10
- years, whilst others had worked only 3 months.
- Plant modification work on site prohibited access to the machinery that the training was based upon.
- Demonstrate complex theoretical theory with hands-on practical solutions.
- Re-enforce and repeat content - read, hear, see, say and do.
- Use team-building exercises to strengthen the support network within the existing team.
- Utilise model waste machinery within classroom sessions to explain separation theory and plant economics.
- Experienced team members were quickly identified and encouraged to share their knowledge. This facilitated a positive knowledge-sharing atmosphere within the team.
- Positive feedback from trainees and notable improvements in ability to work as a team. For example: 'For new starters the course would be excellent'
- A fully established training course is now in place for all new operators. The course will be repeated every 6 months to train any new starters during that period.