Ask any expert about the best pressure washers and they are likely to mention the electric powered versions. Since they run on electricity, the electric-powered ones are highly versatile and ideal for use in almost all settings with reliable electrical supply.
The cleaning efficiency of the best pressure washers is measured in terms of their pressure in psi (pounds per square inch) and flow rates in GPM (gallons per minute). The medium-powered versions feature pressure levels of 1000 psi and flow rates of 2 GPM.
If you need more cleaning power, go for ones with pressure levels of 3000 psi and flow rates of 5 GPM. To enhance the cleaning experience, electric power cleaners come with optional attachments such as soap sprayers, rotating nozzles, and brushes.
A Comparison with Gas-Powered Versions
In spite of the excellent cleaning capabilities of gas powered pressure cleaners, there are many reasons that make electric versions the best pressure washers.
Here is a closer look at the numerous advantages of using pressure washing equipment that runs on electricity:
- Mobility: Electric versions do not feature fuel tanks and are often easier to move around than their gas-powered counterparts.
- Compact size: the absence of fuel tanks make electric pressure cleaning machines more compact and far easier to handle than the fuel-powered versions.
- Eco-friendly: Gas-powered pressure cleaners emit toxic fumes such as carbon exhausts that can harm the environment. Electricity is a clean source of power that does not pose such environmental threats.
- Minimum maintenance: Power cleaners that run on gas demand lots of maintenance such as replacing the exhaust manifolds, draining the oil, tuning up the ignition, and replacing the air filters. Electric versions can be termed the best pressure washers since they incur minimum maintenance issues.
- Silent operation: Unlike gas-powered high pressure washers that produce sound levels of up to 85 decibels during operation, electric pressure washer machines operate almost silently.
- Avoiding risk due to high power levels: Both gas and electric pressure washing equipment can feature high flow rates and pressure levels. The extremely high power levels can also mean potential damage to surfaces such as vehicle exteriors. For this reason, it is best to choose a gas or electric pressure washer with adequate pressure levels and flow rates.
High pressure washers from reputable suppliers are technologically advanced versions with tri-mode functions. They can function as steam, cold-water, or hot water pressure washer machines.
Pressure washing equipment that generates steam at temperatures as high as 330ºF, hot water at temperatures of up to 210ºF, and pressure levels of 750 psi are ideal for light cleaning applications. It is possible to enhance the cleaning efficiency of such hot water pressure washer by adding cleaning chemicals to the detergent tank. You also have the option of connecting the power cleaner directly to a garden hose to ensure continuous water supply.
Search online for reputable suppliers who offer the best pressure washers.