Study for municipal WWTP in Spain
This study is ordered to SURCIS as a consequence of the low process performance, practical absence of nitrification treatment.
By other side, the mixed-liquor presented some abnormal features such as weakness, dark colour and abundant white foaming.
Data for study interest
- Aeration system: fine bubble diffusers + liquid oxygen injection
- Ammonium concentration in ASP influent: 42 mg N-NH4/L
- Ammonium concentration in effluent: 39 mg N-NH4/L
- SVI: 65 mL/g
- F/M: 0.078 kg BOD/kg MLVSS*d
- Dissolved oxygen average in aeration tank: 0.02 mg/L
- Kg O2/kWh in aeration system: 4 kg O2/kWh
- Power installed in aeration system: 148 kW (37 kW x 4 units)
- Kg O2/d supplied by the liquid-oxygen system: 3,030 kg O2/d
This service was carried out by specialized SURCIS (Spain) personnel by means a BM-T respirometer system and some complementary reagents and instruments.