Bord na Mona Rainsava® rainwater harvesting solutions debuted at WEFTEC 09 Conference
Bord na Móna Environmental Products U.S. Inc., the American market subsidiary of the $550-million Bord na Móna group based in Dublin, Ireland, today introduced a complete range of RainSava® rainwater harvesting products at the WEFTEC 09 Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, Florida, in Booth #2319.
According to Shane Keaney, President of Bord na Mona Environmental Products U.S. Inc., the company is now delivering a complete range of RainSava residential & commercial rainwater harvesting products. The company is offering packaged solutions directly to green build developers, self-builders and to homeowners retrofitting rainwater recycling into their houses. It is also offering skid-mounted units and recycling components to builders & owners of commercial properties, such as schools, universities, office buildings and for industrial water reuse applications.
RainSava rainwater harvesting systems are designed to provide an alternative to the use of potable drinking water for non-drinking water re-use applications. Bord na Móna provides complete systems or individual components to capture and use rain that falls onto a catchment area such as a roof. By collecting and filtering natural rainwater, and providing a means of distributing the water to the required locations in an economic way, RainSava systems provide a solution to the growing problem of water shortage and storm water run-off.
Apart from the environmental gains, the increasing cost of water provides an economic advantage to the harvesting and use of rainwater. This, together with the added value given to property for a small capital outlay, makes the RainSava rainwater system a positive asset to any house or business premises.
The RainSava system incorporates a filter that can be located in each downpipe or in the combined rainwater pipe after it goes underground. This unique filter design ensures that the rainwater passes through the filter and into the storage tank and any debris and leaves are filtered out. The design ensures that access to the filter is simple allowing ease of cleaning.
Other Features of the RainSava Rainwater System include:
• Smoothing Inlet Filter: Calms the flow of water into the tank.
• Submersible Pump with Floating Suction Filter: The floating suction filter maintains the position of the filter intake just below the water surface which contains the cleanest water. A fine mesh filter provides added filtration. The pump supplies water on demand by pumping it to specific appliances in the house or for irrigation.
• Rainwater Filter Pressure Switch: The pump is controlled by a combined pressure switch/flow controller which turns the pump on and off when required and also provides dry running protection for the pump should it be necessary.
• Mains Water Top-Up (optional): The control system senses the water level within the underground tank. When stored water is not available the system automatically switches to mains water top up, controlled by a float switch in the tank, thereby ensuring that a constant water supply is maintained without user intervention.
• Overflow Trap: This allows excess water in the tank to overflow into the on site drainage system. It also provides a water seal against any foul odors from drains and acts as a barrier to rodents.
• Level Gauge (optional): Gives a visual indication of the water level in the underground storage tank.
Ideally suited for commercial applications, the large roof area can catch a large volume of rainwater making it a superior solution for:
* Office Buildings
* Warehouses & Factories
* Industrial Developments
* Schools & Public Buildings
* Farms and Agricultural Buildings
* Garden Centers & Nurseries
* Housing Developments
* Car & Truck Washes
In commercial applications, the RainSava benefits are equally strong and include:
• Commercial developments have a greater requirement for non-potable water for uses such as toilet flushing, wash down etc. Rainwater collected from the roof can be used for non-potable requirements.
• The financial benefit by converting from potable water to rain water.
• Many commercial premises have large roof areas and are therefore able to collect large volumes of rainwater.
• Direct or Gravity options are available. The Direct system pumps water from the RainSava storage tank. The Gravity system uses a header tank to store the filtered water and delivers the water by gravity to the required location.
“Bord na Mona has been designing and installing RainSava rainwater harvesting solutions throughout Ireland and the United Kingdom, ” Keaney said today. “This experience is now being made available to the United States which has urgent and growing needs to conserve water.”
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Bord na Móna is a multi-national $550-million full line provider of products and services in the environmental, energy, fuels, and horticulture markets. The company’s state-of-the-art, environmentally responsible wastewater, water reuse and air pollution treatment solutions deliver significant environmental benefits for homeowners, communities, and municipalities. The company is dedicated to forging a new contract with nature through the development of innovative solutions focused on water conservation, re-use, material recycling, and energy and chemical reduction. Bord na Móna Environmental Products U.S. Inc. (http://www.bnm-us.com) is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina.