Breaking the code, rev 1 - compliance requirements for California title 24-2013 for Cooling Towers, Closed Circuit Coolers and Evaporative Condensers
The California Energy Commission released the final version of Title 24-2013 last Fall, and early this year changed the effective date of the standard from January 1, 2014 to July 1, 2014. Equipment selected for the State of California will need to meet the new Title 24, Part 6 requirements beginning July 1, 2014. Relevant requirements include:
- Increased efficiency requirements for Open, Axial Fan Cooling Towers.
- Revised flow turn down requirements for Cooling Towers.
- NEW-Mandatory efficiency requirements for Closed Circuit Cooling Towers.
- NEW-Mandatory requirements to minimize the use of potable water in evaporative cooled equipment.
- NEW-Updated Evaporator motor requirements.
- NEW-Mandatory efficiency requirements for evaporative condensers used on Refrigerated Warehouses.
- The allowance of air-cooled condensers for ammonia systems.
This white paper highlights the Title 24 code sections that apply to EVAPCO product lines. The code section is in grey and the action required to be in compliance is in blue.