SVOffice™ 2009 supports overlapping geometry, but complex 2D models may benefit from non-overlapping geometry. SVOffice™ 2009 includes a tool to make this operation easy. It operates in one of two modes: an automatic mode that attempts to generate all non-overlapping geometry, and a manual mode that provides tools for determining intersections, unions, subtractions, and exclusive-or operations. The manual mode includes settings to generate new regions, modify existing regions, and to remove clipping regions after use.
Use the following steps to access this feature:
- Open the model to be modified,
- Select Model > Geometry > Tools > Intersection...,
- Use the Automatic tab to auto-generate region intersections, or
- Use the Manual tab to access detailed functions for intersection, union, subtraction, and exclusive-or,
- Adjust the options on the Manual tab to generate new regions, modify existing ones, and remove clipping regions after use.