The worlds largest automotive manufacturer recently installed our QUADRANT SR-Series Thermal Oxidizer for use at destroying CO and VOC emissions from their engine test cell facility. The test facility houses several engine, transmission, and chassis dynamometer’s. The manufacturer demanded a system that would provide the highest uptime reliability and highest performance.
The QUADRANT SR-Series Thermal Oxidizer was chosen as the most appropriate air pollution control system after a thorough analysis of the engine cell off-gas concluded that high inlet temperatures, high LEL, and wide range in air volumes would be delivered to the oxidizer.
The system installed was our QUADRANT SR-8,000 Thermal Oxidizer. The system incorporates the following:
- CPI’s unique FLOATING TUBE HEAT EXCHANGER that does not use any expansion joints.
- CPI’s unique sub-stoichemetric burner and combustion tube provides high VOC/CO destruction with lower NOx emissions than traditional systems.
- A user-friendly controls interface system that manages all the components and records specific data for use with Title V record keeping and interacts with the sophisticated dynamometer controls of this plant
- Low profile – modular design accommodates an indoor mezzanine level installation that could be lifted through existing door ways.
- High quality insulation keeps the shell temperatures low as to not effect HVAC of the area. +99% DRE at 1,400 F allows the unit to exceed the local air quality requirements at minimal expense.