A heat-set/web offset printer recently installed a TRITON-Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer from Catalytic Products International, Inc. The TRITON system was contracted on a turnkey basis, in which CPI engineered and installed; the ductwork system from all dryers, foundation work, electrical integration, and rigged the oxidizer. The project was installed on time and without any added costs.
- The features and benefits offered by the TRITON System include:
- Posi-Seal Valves – heavy duty construction offering zero leakage with soft seating action
- Even-Flo Manifolds – minimized volume increases VOC removal efficiency
- Natural Gas Injection – reduces natural gas use and NOx emissions
- Unique Cold-Face Support – thoughtful engineering offers durability, even during bake-out periods
TSS Controls – Unique and user friendly platform that protects the system, offers data for monitoring needs, and is easily integrated with most DCS. The system includes a sophisticated pressure control as to not effect the sensitive web flotation of the off set dryer
This unit is rated to 15,000 scfm and provided +99% VOC removal efficiency. The system is self-sustaining at ~ 3% LEL and requires only 14” wc back pressure. The unit includes 10” of internal insulation to keep the shell cool-to-the-touch.
The system replaced several catalytic oxidizers that have historically experienced catalyst maintenance due to phosphorous contamination (typically from fountain solutions) and silicone contamination (typically additives in inks) Compared to the catalytic oxidizers, the TRITON RTO is able to operate with zero fuel being added.