Nuclear waste incineration trials 1996
Glosfume successfully provided a pilot filter to carry out various trials on nuclear waste incineration. The filter was designed to operate under vacuum and passed all of the stringent requirements of French Nuclear Fuels.
Similar filters have subsequently been used on several sites throughout France, contributing to reduced waste disposal costs and environmental quality.
- Installation date: 1996
- Location: France
- Filter unit: Information withheld
- The emission levels recorded: below 0.0017mg/m3
- Filtration area: Information withheld
- Operating temperature: Information withheld
- Dry scrubbing: Information withheld
This filter operated with a 500mm long ceramic element. The unit has been transported to a number of different sites and is in operation with the original elements.