Employee production numbers were being manually collected by supervisors. Data was often incomplete, inaccurate, and not available until one to two days later. In addition, the process took a lot of time to collect and compile and was often challenged by employees as influenced by favoritism.
The Spindle Direct Labor Module was implemented at the facility to automatically track employee name, ID, goods classification, equipment, work area, shift and counts directly form the equipment sensors.
Visual work place provides real-time information so:
- employees assume responsibility for their own performance;
- supervisors can provide timely coaching and mentoring on-the-job
- creates fair, competitive environment amongst peers
- increases visibility of bottleneck and helps improve flow through the plant
Automated Data Collection and Data-basing
- Saves time, allowing supervisors/managers to focus on value-added tasks
- Provides accurate and timely data for displays and reports
- Tracks employee movements from work areas, equipment, breaks, lunch
- Can export to other software/systems e.g. incentive pay
These improvements have increased Employee Productivity and throughput of goods at the plant. The location has reduced direct labor expenditure by fifteen percent (15%) - validated by an equivalent reduction in cost per pound of goods processed.
The corporate team uses www.spindleservices.com for live access to the locations, for benchmarking and to view multi location reports.