Case study - Utility Ltd – Ukraine
Utility Ltd is the leading glass recycling company in Ukraine, with more than 70% of recycled glass production countrywide. The company is producing high quality glass cullet for its partners in Ukraine, Russia, Moldova and Belarus.
The sorting task is to separate three main colors of cullet – flint, green and amber – and clean them up by means of rejecting non-glass particles. The equipment delivered by BT-Wolfgang Binder includes not only optical sorters, but also a dedusting plant, various metal separation stages, screening, material transport etc.
In 2008 a turn-key plant with REDWAVE optical sorters was installed in location of Novomoskovsk, with an input capacity of 15 tonnes per hour.
- Type of machine: REDWAVE IR, REDWAVE C
- Infeed material: Glass cullet
- Infeed capacity: 15 t/h
- Sensor system: IR and camera
- Infeed grain size: 0-200 mm
- Working width: 900 mm for IR, 1.300 mm for camera
- Sorting system: Vibratory feeder