Inpex Ichthys Project, Browse Basin, 220 km of Western Australia
- 8.9 million tons LNG/year; 1.6 million tons LPG/year; 100.000 barrels Condensate/day.
- Central Processing Facility on Semi-Submersible Platform separates Condensate and Gas. Gas is sent by pipeline to Darwin. Condensate is stored on FPSO.
- The MPPE unit is located on the FPSO.
- Removal of dispersed and dissolved toxic content to reach Zero Harmful Discharge
- Fulfilling discharge requirements for the operational lifetime of 40 years
The MPPE process
MPPE stands for Macro Porous Polymer Extraction. Polymer beads containing a specific immobilized extraction liquid. Hydrocarbon contaminated water is passed through a column packed with MPPE particles. The hydrocarbons are extracted from the water at any designed efficiency up to 99.999%. The MPPE particles can simply be regenerated by heating with steam. The removed hydrocarbons are recovered as an almost 100% pure product. No other waste stream is created. No chemicals requires, no off gasses produced.
MPPE unit removes > 99% of:
- Dispersed oil (aliphatics)
- Dissolved and dispersed aromatics (BTEX)
- Poly Aromatics (PAHs)
MPPE unit capacity 2 x 90 m3/h
- 2 Parallel MPPE units in one module
- Single step treatment before discharge to Sea
- Located on Top Deck
- Size 18.1 x 16.4 x 18.0 m (L x W x H)
- Delivered 2016