“Kyocera’s photovoltaic system is one of the cornerstones of our environmentally sustainable facility, allowing The New Children’s Museum to live up to its promise as a green Museum for children and families.” Rachel Teagle, Executive Director of Children’s Museum San Diego
Unique Feature: In addition to solar, other sustainable design elements include recycled building materials, water- saving devices, natural day lighting, and convection cooling.
Unique Fact: One of the first Green Museums in California.
Date Completed: November 2007
Designer/Installer/Contractor: Independent Energy Solutions, Inc.
- System Size: 96.4 kW
- Estimated Yearly Power Production: 136,000 kWh
- System Configuration
- Utility Interaction: Grid Connected
- Solar Modules: 576 Kyocera KC200GT
- Inverters: SatCON AE-100-60-PV-A
- Mount Structure: UniRac SunFrame