- Superfund Study Area covering 400-square mile drainage basin of Clear Creek.
- Discharge from National tunnel Adit contains elevated levels of metals and low p H.
- CHITOREM chitin complex tested as substrate for sulfate reducing bioreactor (SRB).
- CHITOREM chitin complex evaluated against corn stover, wood chips, and continuous feed ethanol.
- Over 90% Mn removal in CHITOR EM chitin complex reactor.
- Alkalinity increased to over 5,000 mg/L before stabilizing at about 2,000 m g/L.
- Metals removal equal to or superior to other substrates.
- Longevity of material in excess of 15 months with no signs of breakthrough.