Since 1970, Cirrus’ mission has been to make monitoring noise simple. More than 45 years later, we thought it was time to look back at our story so far and see what we have achieved. Join us by watching our video, which explores our history and what makes us the noise measurement pioneers that we are today.
Cirrus Research plc - Our Story Our Journey from 1970 to 2016 Included Many Milestones
Here’s a brief selection of our key milestones. There are many, many more.
Cirrus Research is established and introduces the first in a series of Sound Level Meters that would become known as the CRL 230 Series
Cirrus introduces the first hand-held Sound Level Meter, which was known as the CRL 222
Cirrus Research Ltd became Cirrus Research plc.
We also introduced the CRL:701 in 1992. This was the world’s first twin channel data logging dosimeter to meet the new EC Directive in all respects.
1995 saw the launch of the revolutionary doseBadge Noise Dosimeter – with no cables, buttons or displays. We have now shipped more than 20,000 doseBadge units to date.
Cirrus introduced the latest version of the doseBadge Noise Dosimeter – the CR:110A, which was partnered by the new RC:110A Reader.
In 2009, we introduced the SoundSign Noise Warning Sign.
In 2010, we introduced our most important product since the doseBadge, the Optimus Sound Level Meter.
After 20 years of development, the new generation of the doseBadge Noise Dosimeter was released – the doseBadge5.
Where We Stand Today
Today, we are world-leaders in noise measurement instrumentation. We are trusted by thousands of companies around the world who use our instruments to help them comply with the Standards and Regulations that govern noise. Our innovative approach to product design has helped redefine the way the world looks at noise measurement instruments.
A Solution for Every Aspect of Noise
- Optimus Sound Level Meters
- For occupuational and environmental noise monitoring
- doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- For occupational noise monitoring and personal noise exposure
- TrojanLITE and Trojan2Noise Nuisance Recorders
- For measuring, recording and analysing nuisance noise
- Revo Vibration Meter
- For hand-arm and whole body vibration monitoring
- Invictus Noise Monitor
- For remote outdoor noise measurement with purpose-designed noise monitors
- Outdoor Measurement Kits
- For environmental noise monitoring with remote download
- SoundSign Noise Warning Sign
- For indicating when a preset noise level is reached
- For downloading, analysing and saving measurement data
Main Sectors We Work In
- Health & Safety
- Environmental Monitoring
- Projects & Systems
- Local Government
Reasons to Choose Cirrus
- Training and support available directly from us, the manufacturer
- All products are designed and manufactured in the UK
- All products are supported by our 15-Year ‘No Quibble’ Warranty.
When it comes to noise measurement, there really is only one answer: Cirrus Research plc.