The Presto Geosystems Geoweb® Load Support System was utilized for a 1.3 million sq ft. de-icing area at the Cleveland Hopkins Airport. The system serves as a construction support platform over marginal subgrades and a highly-permeable structural drainage layer for the 30-acre de-icing site. Confinement in the interconnected cells stabilizes aggregate so it can handle the heavy loads of construction and commercial aircraft.
- Develops a structurally-stable aggregate drainage system for groundwater, and supports the impervious membranes that prevent the possibility of groundwater contamination.
- Stabilizes aggregate so it can handle the heavy loads of construction and commercial aircraft.
- Controls surface rutting and distribute heavy wheel loads.
- Functions as a drainage layer when backfilled with an open aggregate.
- Cost-effective alternative to conventional concrete or bituminous concrete.