Continuous Filament Geotextile Roll for Cow Effluent Pond Project in New Zealand - Case study
Continuous filament geotextile roll is made from a virgin synthetic textile which has a more random structure which is produced by the interlocking of fibers. The filament geotextile roll offers optimum performance per unit weight which features good mechanical properties of tensile strength and puncture resistance, good drainage ability, acid and alkali resistance and anti-aging. Filament geotextile fabric is widely used for separation, filtration, drainage, protection functions in civil engineering projects.
- Location: New Zealand
- Products: Filament Geotextile
- Application: Cow Effluent Pond in New Zealand
In New Zealand, there are many dairy farms dominated by cows, and the construction of a sewage pond is indispensable. In the 60,000 hectare pasture, 2-3 sewage tanks are needed to treat the waste of the cows, so as to achieve the effect of waste recycling. The client excavated two ponds with a length of 200 meters, a width of 150 meters, and a slope of 2 meters. According to the project design, the combination of geotextile fabric and geomembrane liner was required to complete the laying of the pool. As a protective geotextile, the requirements for it were also very high. As the geotextile fabric directly touched the soil, it needed to have good acid and alkali resistance and anti-aging properties in order to maximize the protection of the geomembrane liner, so as to ensure the integrity of the geomembrane liner and reduce the number of repairs in the later stage of the project. According to the customer’s understanding, geotextiles are divided into four types, of which there are two more practical products in this project: polyester staple fiber geotextile and polyester filament geotextile. The client found a BPM company and asked us about the difference and practicability of the two types of geotextiles, thus confirming a cost-effective geotextile as the bottom layer of the sewage tank.
According to the customer’s project description and use purpose, we analyzed the indicators of two kinds of geotextiles for the customer. First of all, the indicators were sent to the customers for the customers to compare by themselves. Secondly, we actually tested the tensile force, elongation, tear, CBR and other indicators of the two types of geotextiles in the laboratory to show the quality difference between the two types of geotextiles for customer. Let customers intuitively understand which of these two types of geotextiles was better in the form of videos and photos. The comparison results showed that under the same weight, all aspects of the filament geotextile roll is better than the staple fiber geotextile fabric, and the filament index data is 40% higher than the staple fiber index. In terms of price, filament yarn was also be cheaper than staple fiber. After calculating the price, we provided the customer with a comparison of the packing quantity of the two geotextiles. Due to the hot rolling process of the filament geotextile roll, the thickness of the geotextile fabric would be thinner, and the loading quantity would be more. For export, filament geotextile roll has great advantages.
In terms of usage, filament geotexitle roll has a wider range of applications. It has high air permeability, corrosion resistance, easy to use, long life cycle, etc. The customer chose the filament geotextile roll as the product used in the project based on the data we provided, and the weight was 170gsm. After all the order details were confirmed, the customer hoped that we would deliver the filament geotextile fabric for their sewage tank project as soon as possible, so that the ranch could operate soon. And promised that in the later construction of the ranch, we will also provide him with more products.
- The mixing of upper and lower gravel layers or the mixing of soil and concrete can be avoided.
- The possibility of clogging of the mesh is very small, because the mesh composed of flexible fibers is adaptable and movable.
- High water permeability. Maintain good water permeability under the pressure of soil and water.
- Corrosion resistance. It is made of chemical fibers such as polypropylene and polyethylene, which are resistant to acid, corrosion, insects and oxidation.
- Light weight, convenient operation and convenient use.
Continuous filament non woven geotextile roll is 100% polyester non-woven geotextile fabric, with maximum 6m-width. These synthetic fibers are made into flexible, porous fabrics by standard weaving machinery or are knitted in a random nonwoven manner. The major point is that continuous nonwoven geotextile fabric is porous to liquid flow across their manufactured plane and also within their thickness, but to a widely varying degree. The filament geotextile fabric has a very high melting point and UV resistance, and have many applications in filtration and separation, protection and drainage.
- Separation. Isolation of railway muck and roadbed, roadbed and soft foundation, airport ground, parking lot ground and foundation, and different dam materials. It separates two different types of soil and gravel
- Reinforcement. Highways, railways, earth-rock dams, breakwaters, airports, retaining wall backfills, slope protection, etc. distribute soil stress in them to prevent lateral displacement of soil and improve soil stability.
- Protection. Geotextile improves the structural stability of the building and improves the foundation conditions by improving the tensile strength and deformation resistance. It can effectively disperse, transfer and distribute stress and prevent damage to the soil by external forces.
While the non woven geotextile roll can be used in almost any stabilization, separation or cushioning application, they are most commonly used in areas that also require filtration. The non woven design of the material provides a higher rate of flow through, making it easier for water to pass through the material. Some common uses of the material includes road stabilization applications, roofs, railway work, landfill lining, trenches, dams, filtration under rip rap and rocks, environmental applications, etc.
Specifications of Filament Geotextile Roll for Cow Effluent Pond Projects in New Zealand
- Total geotextile quantity – 57,100 square meters
- Filament Geotextile weight – 170gsm
- The size of each roll 5.9m * 150m
BPM Geosynthetics has made a series of guarantee for our geotextile and geosynthetic products both plant processing and selling out to our customers. Selling is the first step, the service and guarantee is our task. BPM Geosynthetics has an ISO Certificate to guarantee the raw material, the geotextile and geosynthetic product processing and end product. From receiving your order to placement and installation of the products, we have solved the problems in time if you need, whatever the quality and technical guideline or suggestions. Our company has been committed to supplying high-quality products with reasonable price and delivery in time.